Fully Funded Master Degree Scholarships 2021- 2022
August 11, 2021 – December 24, 2022
KOICA-SSU Scholarship Program applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements:
1) Bachelor’s degree holder
- GPA 2.7/4.5 preferred
- Policy, Engineering, Natural Science, Computer Science, and Business majors (e.g. ICT,Policy, Information Science, Business & Management, Natural Science in General,Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Engineering in General, Social Science in General, etc.) are strongly recommended.
2) Government Officials
- Minimum of 2 years in the Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Government Administration, or StateInstitute, etc.
- A government/municipality official, a researcher, an instructor or staff members who are engaging in ICT related work, development cooperation, investment, etc.(preferred)
- Private sector employees are not eligible.
3) English Proficiency
- Applicants must meet one of the English proficiency test minimum score requirements:TOEFL iBT 71, TOEFL PBT 530, TOEFL CBT 197, IELTS 5.5, TEPS600(New TEPS 327) or higher.
- On the other hand, people who meet one of the minimum English proficiency test score requirements (TOEFL iBT 60, TOEFL PBT 450, TOEFL CBT 180, IELTS 4.0, TEPS500(New TEPS 277) and above) can also apply for the KOICA-SSU Scholarship Program. However, they must pass stricter paper and interview test conducted by the SSU evaluation committee.
- English proficiency tests should have been taken within two years (valid test date: starting from April 1, 2019).
- English Proficiency Test(EPT) report submission can be waived only for those who apply from a country where EPT is not available. In this case, applicants are required to submit an official letter from the minister or governor of one’s affiliation guaranteeing one’s
- English proficiency equivalent to the required scores listed.
- English fluency that requires no translation
- Target countries, Benefits, Program Information, etc. Please check the attached file above.
- Accommodations: Residence Hall (double occupancy) During the Program, two students should share a room in a dormitory located at Soongsil University campus.
- The kitchen facility in the dormitory building can be shared by participating students to cook their traditional food sometimes.
|~ March, 2021
||[Application package submission]
– Application deadline (to the KOICA overseas office and the Korean Embassy) : March 29, 2021
– Prepare all required documents for your admission package and fill out the ‘Document Checklist’.
– Submit the application package (including both university and KOICA application forms and other required documents) to the KOICA overseas office or the Korean Embassy by the submission date.
– Original copies should be sent to the university before the phone interviews.
|– Participate in an on-site interview by the KOICA overseas office or the Korean Embassy. If an applicant lives in a country where the KOICA overseas office / Embassy does not exist or lives far from the capital city, he / she can be interviewed by phone after consulting with the KOICA overseas office / Embassy.
– The KOICA Overseas office or the Korean Embassy send the result of interview and related documents to KOICA HQ : April 7
|[1st round : Document Screening]
-Applicants nominated by the KOICA overseas office or the Korean Embassy as a result of the on-site interview and have submitted their application packages are considered for document screening.
-University conducts document screening,
||Result of Document Screening
||-The result for the 1st round selection will be announced to the applicants.
[Preparation for the 2nd round]
– Details of the interview including the interviewee list will be sent to the KOICA overseas office and interview arrangements will be made respectively.
|[2nd round : Phone(online) Interview]
– University conducts the second round (interview) according to the interview schedule.
– Schedule for interview will be notified individually by the KOICA overseas office or the Korean embassy with 2-3 day notice in advance.
* Some universities would be mandatory to essay test for 2nd round.
– KOICA HQs announces the result of interview to the KOICA overseas office or the Korean Embassy : May 14
|[3rd round : Medical Check-up]
– Applicants who successfully pass the 2nd round must take the Medical Check-up at the designated institution.
-The detailed guideline of the medical check-up and list of the designated medical institution will be notified after passing the interview successfully.
– Examination cost, transportation and accommodation fees will NOT be reimbursed.
– KOICA will not pay for the treatment necessary after the examination.
– KOICA announces the result of Medical Checkup : June 23
||– Admissions results will be notified to the KOICA overseas office or the Korean embassy.
– KOICA informs the participants of their scheduled entry to Korea after notification.
||Entry to Korea
•••• Submission Deadline: March 29, 2021 •••••
Program title : Master’s Degree Program in ICT Techno Policy
Duration : 2021.08.03.-2022.12.31 (17 months)
Training Institute : Soongsil University
Number of Participants : 20
* If you have inquires regarding the application & document submission,
Please contact KOICA overseas Office or Korea Embassy
* If you have inquires regarding the program information, Please contact Soongsil.
– Phone: +82-2-820-0267(Office) – Email : email@example.com